It's nice to face today with the prospect of reading everyone's answers to the Hodgepodge questions. Often, the Hodgepodge is my zen.
1. 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' What's something you've seen recently that you thought was beautiful? No words, just these...
2. Our culture and beauty...your thoughts? Haven't people written dissertations on this topic? Goodness. Does our culture influence our opinions on beauty? Sure or at the very least, it tries really hard. Culture does decide what we should consider visually appealing whether we like it or not. After all, if it didn't, how would we know that we have to want it and to get it we have to buy all the things to get it or try all the fad whatever's? This question made me think of one of my favorite Bible verses:
But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
3. Age before beauty, beauty queen, beauty mark, beauty sleep...which beauty-ful phrase resonates with you today? Beauty queen. Why? Because this beauty will turn 30 on Saturday:
|She would kill me for relating her to a beauty queen. But y'all know what I mean, right?|
4. I read here a list of the top ten
alligators, coyotes, black bears, birds (but pigeons in particular), sharks, bats, bed bugs, rats, rattlesnakes, and the black widow spider.
Which 'beast' on the list scares you the most? The snakes. Any kind of snake. Any. Kind.What is the liklihood of you having an actual encounter with that particular beast? Let's just hope I do not because I would, in all likelihood, die. Did a movie contribute to your fear of this creature? Nope. Have you ever had a real life encounter with any of the animals listed? Yes. There was a black bear rooting through the garbage cans outside a mountain cabin we stayed in when I was about 8 years old; birds visit the deck every single day because I feed them and they are so much fun; I see bats and hear them sometimes if Tucker and I walk in the wee, still dark hours and they freak me out when they fly; our neighborhood gets coyotes and rats when the idiot, greedy developers rape and destroy the surrounding woods and the wildlife has nowhere else to go because their habitats are completely destroyed without the least bit of consideration and YES, I have some stuff to say about this issue in a BIG way.
5. Where were you when you last heard a bell ring? It was probably over the holidays when that Hershey's Kisses commercial came on. Was it alarming or musical? It was musical.
6. What's your favorite carb? I don't think this can be narrowed down as I've never met a carb I didn't like. How's that for random? Pretty darn good.
7. Let's wrap up another month of Hodgepodging and life with an acrostic. Recap your month using the word MARCH. Acrostics drive me NUTS. Now I know why my students groaned when it was time for the acrostic project in the computer lab. Sorry, little people. They did a great job, though. Every time.
Hilarity in the midst