I have no idea whether I'll get to read any posts today but I'll get to it tomorrow. Once I wake up. Probably around noon. Ha! Meanwhile, enjoy your Hodgepodge!
1. Tell us about a time you felt like you were 'flying by the seat of your pants'. Right now with the Etsy shop. I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing and I certainly am not good at promoting myself. It's so frustrating.
2. When or where would you most like to be 'a fly on the wall'? Nowhere. When I find out things I probably shouldn't know anything about, I am consumed with all sorts of negativity. Plus, when I know something about something or someone I shouldn't, I can't hide it and that sort of knowledge usually changes the way I feel about people. If people can't be honest and up front with me then I do not want to know.
3. 'Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.'-Henry David Thoreau
Would you agree? IF I understand what he means then, yes. Why or why not? I think he meant not to look at the big picture but at the moment to moment, simple things that can bring happiness. For example, I could focus on going out searching for happiness or I can glance out the window and watch the birds eating on the deck and just be happy in the moment. That's when I feel what happy is- in those sweet, simple moments- the birds, Tucker cocking his head to one side, Baby M doing just about anything, hearing my grown up girls belly laughing at something, hearing a fog horn, getting a text from a friend, running across a bible verse my grandmother used to quote, remembering moments from my childhood...those are the kinds of things that give me happy and I do not have to go out and chase them. I just have to be present.
4. Share a favorite movie, book, or song with flying in its title, lyrics, or theme somewhere. Oh, my. There are a lot of them, actually. But I'm going with this one and only my brother, T, knows why. Stop laughing, T.
5. What is one task or chore you tend to do 'on the fly'? Most things household chore related until Baby M came along. Is this something that really needs to be done another way? It does when you have a baby around every day who is into everything all the time. :)
6. What was happening the last time you thought to yourself or said aloud, 'Wow, time flies when you're having fun', and you meant it. Probably the last time all 4 of the lovelies and their SOs were home at the same time. That is THE TIME that truly does fly by.
7. This Thursday is National Garlic Day. Will you add garlic to your menu on Thursday? What? Thursday? I don't even know what we're having tonight. Do you like garlic? Yes. What's your favorite dish made with garlic? Probably Shrimp Scampi. IF it's done right. Which means IF I make it myself.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Summer's coming, y'all. And, after another winter when winter failed to show up and a hot spring...summer is going to burn. Best thing would be for Mother Nature to make me out to be a liar just like she does the weather dude every single day. Ha!
We should have a pretty good summer, though. This little bit turns 1 year old in July:
And this auntie will give her a cousin in August! That's right, another grandbaby! And guess what? This one's a boy. Now, that part? We are sure about. I mean, we have girls up in here! LOL The really awesome thing is the two of them will be close in age and BFFs! Just like this auntie and her cousin who are only 10 months apart. So, YAY!
There's a special running through the month of April!
$10.00 OFF your purchase of $30.00 or more!