1. What's surprised you most about your life, or about life in general? I never envisioned that I would feel like a trapped rat. Ha! Not that I would trade staying home and raising the lovelies for anything but, in all honesty, I never realized that it would leave me trapped with no means of making a change.
2. Among others, these ten words were added to the Oxford English Dictionary this year...awesomesauce, beer o'clock, brain fart, buttdial, cat cafe(apparently this is a real thing), fatberg (gross-read the definition here), fat shame, hangry, Mx (gender neutral), and skippable.
Your thoughts? What has happened to our language? In looking over the list, which word do you find most ridiculous? I don't know. They're all pretty stupid. Which word would you never in a million years say out loud? I'll probably say all of them aloud. In a mocking tone, of course, because, really people? Which word would you be most likely to use in conversation? Buttdial. Because I already have. Several times.
3. Do you like gravy? Yes. Is there a food you'd rather not eat unless it comes with gravy? No. If it has to be smothered in gravy or sauce, why eat it in the first place? Do you make your own or buy the canned or store-made variety? I make my own. Turkey and gravy, sausage gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy, country ham and red eye gravy, biscuits and chocolate gravy, pot roast and gravy...which one on the list is your favorite? I like them all. Though pot roast and gravy is not on my list of favorites. It matters not, anyway, as I don't eat gravy or biscuits or anything good anymore. Sigh.
4. Do you have a plan? Sometimes. Do you need a plan? Sometimes. Have you ever had a plan fall into a trillion pieces? Yes. Explain. I had children. When there are children, nearly every plan will fall into a trillion pieces. You learn, quite quickly, to go with the proverbial flow.
5. November 19 is National Play Monopoly Day. Do you own the original or some version of the game? Yes. Do you enjoy playing Monopoly? No. How likely is it you'll play a game of Monopoly on November 19th? ZERO. Guaranteed. Ever been to Atlantic City? Nope. Ever taken a ride on a railroad? Yes, at Tweetsie. You can read that story HERE. Is parking in your town free? Yes, but it isn't downtown Charleston. Last thing you took a chance on? This is one of those questions that I'll think of an answer for AFTER I've posted.
6. A song you like that has the word (or some form of the word) thanks in the title, lyrics, or meaning?
7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude....what is something you're taking for granted that when you stop and think about it, you're grateful for? I try not to take anything for granted, but it doesn't always work. I think I take it for granted that I can get out of bed every morning when I should be extremely grateful that nothing like ill health or lack of limbs prevent me from doing so.
8. Insert your own random thought here. One thing for which I will soon be EXTREMELY grateful is a week off from school. Yes, even though it means being in this messy, nasty house with those who make it that way. I've purchased some new flatware and glassware, but I don't dare put it out until people move. Why did I buy new flatware and glassware? Because my old stuff is either MIA or was left in the land of filth so long that mold developed and they had to be tossed out. Soon, I'll have to buy new dishes. And this is why next week, for Thanksgiving, this family will be eating from paper plates with plastic utensils. Sigh. I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time anyway.
Have a great rest of the week, y'all!