I couldn't find a video of two sounds but I did find the other eight! Just close your eyes and listen. Did the sounds take you back?
Here are my top ten favorite summer sounds:
1. Cicadas. Y'll knew that one was coming. I go immediately back to summer evenings when I was a kid when I hear them.
2. The surf. It's so calming whether I use it as my 'white noise' or am actually on the beach. It reminds me of those summer vacations when I was growing up.
3. The birds- their songs and the fluttering of their wings as they splash around in the birdbath. The cardinals remind me of my GrandMoore- my dad's mother.
4. Window fans. I had one in my room when I was a kid because, no AC back in those days. I still have one and it still lulls me to sleep on summer nights. Even though I do have AC now.
5. The afternoon thunderstorms. Tucker would strongly disagree with me on this one but I love them and they spur hundreds of memories. All quite pleasant.
6. Sprinklers. I love the way they sound and it takes me back to the days when I loved running through them and then, later in the day, listening to them as I fell asleep taking those dreaded afternoon naps.
7. The laughing of the gulls at the beach. They crack me up. LOL
8. Ice clinking on the sides of glasses. This takes me back to a time when we kids played freeze tag in the back yard while the adults had drinks in glasses with ice. I remember the clinking of the ice and all the laughter. Such a happy time. Of course, that was probably due to what was in those glasses. But, still...LOL
Sorry, no video. :(
9. The slamming of a screen door. I know it got on our parents' nerves but I go back in my mind to those days every time I hear a screen door slam. It's rare these days. Hard to find a wooden screen door.
Sorry, no video. :(
10. Train whistles. We could hear the train whistle blowing from town when I spent the night with my grandparents in the summer. It was quite soothing.
Ok, let's hear y'alls favorite summer sounds!