Here's my TOP TEN on the short list:
- Take more walks. Because Baby M loves going outside and walking and grandma could use more activities that make her get off her rear. Now that the fall temps have defeated those horrid summer ones, we can do this.
- Tummy time. Except that Baby M has been having tummy time for many weeks already and she gets bored with that pretty quickly. She has been turning over now so maybe that will help entertain her little stinker self.
- Sitting up. This is what Baby M seems to want to do RIGHT NOW even though she's just not developmentally ready. Her mind is far ahead of what she can physically do right now. This is frustrating to both of us. So we sit in about a million different ways until she's bored with that.
- Crib time. Baby M LOVES her crib time whether you stand there and talk to her or just leave her for a bit. She enjoys her alone time too. But I feel bad that she's not being entertained or held and...well, y'all know.
- Bouncy seat. Never mind. She's no longer entertained by this thing.
- Put ballet on the television. Yes, I do this. We sit together and enjoy the ballet and, BONUS, it usually sends Baby M drifting off to dreamland.
- Put Raffi (or baby videos) on television. Yes, I do this too. It holds her attention for about 20 minutes. I think this lasts so long because she's trying to figure out what that sound is coming out of Grandma's mouth when she sings along.
- Hold Baby M and kiss her all over her face and blow raspberries on her tummy. Yep, she loves this. For about 10 minutes. When those 10 minutes are up, switch to talking to her and blowing those raspberries on her fingers. She will squeal with delight. For about 10 minutes.
- Get one of those baby floor mat gyms and hope for the best.
- Get a dog. Baby M is entertained by Tucker and I am constantly trying to get him to just walk back and forth across the floor. He is convinced I have lost my mind.
Links to my first 8 days of NaBloPoMo in case y'all missed them (because they're so dang interesting and all...Ha!):
- TWIGS AND ROOTS! Where I introduced y'all to Deanie's new business.
- THE BRAVE SIDE OF ME Where I shared my nonexistent bravery with y'all.
- BABY M'S NURSERY Where I finally show off the pictures of the nursery!
- KEEPERS: FALL TELEVISION SHORT LIST Where I shared the few fall shows I watch.
- SINGING ALONG WITH BABY M Where I shared some songs Baby M and I enjoy.
- BABY M GOES TO CLEMSON where I shared a gazillion pix and commentary on Baby M's first ever college football game!
- THANKSGIVING FAILS where I shared that I cannot make holiday meals as good as my grandmother did.
- IT'STHAT TIME! where I slacked off and just posted a voting clip art. Don't judge. This is hard.