1. October 21, 2015 is Back to the Future Day. Did you see the movie? The sequels? In the second film, Doc takes Marty into the future to prevent Marty's future son from making a mistake. They leave 1985 and land on a 'skyway' on October 21st, 2015. So tell us, what were you doing in the fall of 1985? I saw them via television but paid very little attention to any of them. Not my cup of tea. In the fall of 1985 I was a busy mom of the first lovely who was 9 months old and already getting excited about her first Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!
2. If time travel were possible, would you want to go to the future? The past? Straight to the past! And I know just when and where. And it would be wonderful!
3. We're not flying cars, but some of the technology imagined in the 80's film has indeed come to pass in real life 2015-flat screen TVs on the wall, tablets, fingerprint recognition, video conferencing, online banking, 3-D movies, motion controlled video games, drone cameras, and smart glasses (Google glass). Do you worry technology is growing at a rate so fast we'll soon be unable to keep up with it's demands? Do you think the Internet does more harm than good? I teach computers to elementary students. One of the topics I cover (strongly and repeatedly) is digital citizenship which includes safety. You do NOT want to get me started on this issue. But, ask any one of my students, and they will fill you in! :)
4. Your favorite dish prepared in a slow-cooker? Your favorite fast food? I don't have a favorite. Probably because I use it as a convenience rather than for a tasty recipe. I don't eat fast food anymore but, when I did, I loved Chick-fil-A. Especially their waffle fries. So good!
5. No time like the present, down time, face time, pressed for time, in the nick of time, make time, mark time, or just in time...which timely saying most relates to your life right now? Pressed for time. It seems I am constantly pressed for time at school. At home, it's down time. I need it. I love it. And I don't let anyone get in the way of it. LOL
6. Tell us about a place you went as a child or younger person that's no longer there or is now something else. How does that make you feel? I used to love going to surrounding small towns and shopping with my grandmother. The small towns in SC are going or gone and it saddens me. They were quaint and filled with delightful people. I miss that.
|We used to go to this very town sometimes. You wouldn't recognize it now. Sad.|
8. Insert your own random thought here. We've had a bit of fall weather around here and it has been great! Unfortunately, we're going back into the mid to upper 70s as the week progresses. I'm hoping fall will come back and stay by the weekend. This is getting ridiculous. Those of you who actually get to enjoy fall, please share your pictures! Fall is the season I've always missed by living here in the low-country.
On a very serious note, a lovely friend of our family (and former teacher of two of the lovelies) is beginning a battle with stage 4 lung cancer after having a brain tumor removed last week. Also, the mother of a teacher at our school is battling stage 4 cancer- not sure of the type. AND, another teacher is continuing her battle against breast cancer. Please keep these wonderful folks in your thoughts and prayers. Cancer sucks.
Have a great rest of the week, y'all!