The big things for which we are grateful are easy. And common. Family, friends, health, a roof over our heads, and the like. But what are the little things we would put on our grateful list?
Those little things that we might not even realize that we appreciate. The little things that can turn a sour day into something calm and wonderful. The little things that bring happiness to our days. The little things that turn that proverbial frown upside down.
Little Things for which I Am Grateful:
- Deep down, in my gut, so hard I can hardly breathe, and makes me cry laughter.
- The way coffee smells and how the steam rises up from the cup when you first pour it.
- The way the lights on the Christmas tree sparkle.
- The smell of rain.
- The way snow glistens during a full moon.
- A song that reminds me of a love from long ago.
- A memory that brings a smile to my face that begins in my heart.
- The rhythm of poetry. Especially when it's being read to me.
- The sound of a cello, and fog horns, and those little grunts that puppies make.
- The smell of homemade bread and the memories it evokes.
- Pulling out that winter jacket and finding money in the pocket.
- Clean sheets.
- A surprise phone call from an old friend.
- Snuggling with your puppy.
- That thing you wanted is on sale and reduced even more at checkout.
- Hot chocolate.
- Sitting in front of the fire.
- A handmade quilt.
- Farmers' Markets.