1. Many families have a story they love to tell every year around a holiday. Does your family have one? We have several that get told. Are you the star of that story, or does another family member take center stage? I am not the star, thankfully, because around here, you NEVER live anything down. :) Share your story if you want. Every story is long and, if you don't know the person, it won't have much meaning for you.
2. Are you afraid to speak your own opinion? Hahahahahahaha! Have you MET me? Seriously, no. I'm not afraid to speak my own opinion.
3. Pantone has announced the color of the year for 2016, and for the first time have chosen two shades-rose quartz and serenity. Hmmm...did you know serenity was a color? You can read the thought behind their selection here, but essentially it's blending the warmth of rose quartz with the tranquility of a very soft shade of blue. So what do you think? So, pink and blue? Seriously? Are these colors I'd find in your home or wardrobe? Nope. Will you add something in these shades to either place in the new year? Nope.
4. If you could be in a Christmas carol, which one would you choose? None. Why? There are plenty of Christmas songs I'd love to jump into but not really any carols. Although, DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR might make a pretty scene or two.
5. December 9th is National Pastry Day. Will you celebrate? Nope. When did you last purchase something from a bakery? I think it was sometime last year about this time. Or maybe it was last spring. What's your favorite treat that falls under the heading of pastry? I used to love chocolate eclairs. I probably still do but wouldn't dare start that addiction again. Ha! Do you make it yourself or buy from the professionals? When I indulged, I bought them. By the dozen.
6. When it comes to holiday decorating I was taught by the BEST, my grandmother. And, when she stopped decorating, I took the throne and became the queen of Christmas decorating. Now, it's time to pass the crown. But I need more than one as all the lovelies enjoy decorating for the holidays.
7. When did you last laugh so much it hurt? The last time we played Pictionary. Explain. There was quite an assortment here that night and suffice it to say that things got crazy and the laughter was out of control. :)
8. Insert your own random thought here. The other day, during class meeting time, I went into DoodleBug's classroom to sit in. They were talking about emotions. They looked at pictures, told which emotion was being shown and then discussed why the kid might be feeling that way. When the angry face came up, a kiddo raised his hand. "I know why that kid is angry. He's mad because his shirt is ugly but his mom made him wear it because his mom bought it for him." Gotta love first graders. Pretty sure someone had some experience in this particular situation. :)
Have a great rest of the week, y'all.