1. Are you watching the Olympics? No. And yes, I realize I'm the one person in America who isn't watching. But I did, accidentally catch something last night. Keep reading... Your favorite summer Olympic event? I don't have one. However, I do enjoy Michael Phelps. Oh and, that being said, last night I had the television on the news and fell asleep. It was on NBC and, when I awoke, it was just in time to see Michael Phelps dive in and take GOLD in the men's butterfly! OH! And I watched a segment about Lilly King on the doping issue. Shake that finger, girl! I love her! Though I'm still not watching. The news gives me all I need to know about the olympics. I read recently a list of the most iconic Olympic moments in history...what stands out inyour mind as a great moment from some past summer Olympic games? I remember that girl, she was a gymnast, who did her thing on that injured ankle...what was her name???? Kerri Strug. Thank you, Google.
2. Have you ever been to Rio? Nope and Lovely 2 says I'm not missing a thing. How about the place that started it all-Greece? Nope. Have you ever been to any of the Olympic Games in person? Nope. Is that something you'd like to do? Nope. Have you ever met an Olympian in person? Nope. Come on guys, y'all know all I watch is football. :)
3. The ball's in their court (tennis), cross the finish line (track and field), on target (archery), make a splash (diving), on a roll (gymnastics), out of one's depth (swimming)...which Olympic-related idiom best applies to your life right now? Apparently, I'm on a roll. Explain. With the stomach bug.
4. What have you earned a 'gold medal' in recently? I became a grandma for the first time on July7 and I count that as a gold medal!
5. What is it (or who is it) that motivates you to eat right, exercise, and do what you can to be healthy? I'll let you know when that happens. Ha! I'm good MOST of the time and I am self-motivated, meaning I do it for myself. I find that if I try to change something about myself for someone else, it just doesn't work.
6. Are you young at heart or an old soul? I think I'm an old soul. Explain. I'm more of a loner and have never been a true 'people' person. I enjoy my family being around but I prefer my alone time to anything. I tend, as often as possible, to walk my own path and, when it doesn't seem possible, I still prefer my own path to the one I feel forced to take. I've always thought people my age or younger to be silly and lack wisdom. I'm not materialistic, I prefer simplicity over complexity...does that make sense?
7. It's National S'mores Day (August 10th)...are you a fan? YES! Will you celebrate with a s'more today? No because- stomach bug and the fact that I don't keep the ingredients around.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I've been participating in the August Happiness Challenge (Joyce, I put the link in but will take it out if you'd rather. I couldn't remember if you allow that sort of thing.) and I owe a couple of days. So--
Day 10: The Hodgepodge makes me happy! I have fun with the questions and I love reading what everyone else has to say! It's my Wednesday Happy!
Day 11: Not being sick makes me happy! And I've been waiting for this happy since Monday afternoon! Yay! For not being sick anymore!