Thank goodness the Hodgepodge is never frustrating but always fun! So come on and join Joyce and the gang today, won't you?
1. What would you say is your strongest sense? I have a heightened sense of EVERY sense. It stems from the fibromyalgia. I am hypersensitive to all sounds, sights (as in bright lights), smells, feels, and tastes. I'm even hypersensitive to my intuition. Loud noises can reduce me to tears, strong odors give me painful headaches although the first reaction is that I TASTE the smell- yes, I can taste the chemicals in perfume, for example, once I smell it, even a light touch can cause me to cringe...life with fibromyalgia is interesting. And somewhat debilitating though not nearly as much as it is for others.
2. Do you believe in the idea of a 'sixth sense'? Yes and I call it, intuition. Why or why not? I believe in it because I have it and I'm quite in tune with it. I also believe it is God given.
3. When do you most feel like a slave to time? When I set an agenda for the day. Explain. Because I stay so focused on that agenda that I rush around paying attention to nothing else and get frustrated when something gets in my way because I HAVE to get this done before time runs out. It's ridiculous when you think about it.
4. Have you ever worked in a restaurant? Yes. How would you rate the experience? It depends on the restaurant. In my early years of college I worked in a couple different restaurants. There was one with uncool owners so that was a negative experience but, for the most part, it was ok. Most of the customers were fellow students so dealing with the public wasn't that bad. If you could own a restaurant what kind would it be? It would have to be more like a pub and be cozy and relaxing. OH! And it would have television screens everywhere so everyone could watch football on the weekends and on Monday and Thursday nights. :)
5. Ever traced your family tree? I have. Share something interesting you learned there. Oh gosh, there is a really interesting story but it was uncovered by my uncle so I'll have to get that story from him once again so I get it right. Perhaps I'll write a post about it. But it's scandalous! OHOHOH! We did discover that we are descendants of Daniel Boone.
6. What did your childhood bedroom look like? Which one? The first one I remember was when I was around 3 years old and it had the best red wallpaper on one wall. In my mind now, it reminds me of a calico type fabric. Kind of like the one on the far left:
7. Anyone who knows me knows I love_______________________? The Lovelies! Being a grandma! Baby M! Tucker! Christmas! Thanksgiving! Halloween! Cool weather! The mountains! My grandparents! Music! Laughing! Feeding and watching birds! The moon, particularly the way it makes a snow covered ground sparkle like diamonds! Autumn! Oyster roasts, even though I do not eat oysters! Family gatherings! There are just so many things to love in this life, aren't there?
8. Insert your own random thought here. I'm working hard to set up my Etsy store, y'all! It's been nerve wracking because putting yourself out there when you don't feel nearly as talented or creative as others is not easy. Anyway, stay tuned! And wish me luck!