Christmas is going to be different around here this year. I've got a post coming about it so I won't elaborate. Change. I'm not always a fan but I hope it will be good this year!
I am, however, always a fan of the Hodgepodge! Here we go---
1. Are you more task oriented or people oriented? I am more task oriented. Elaborate. I'm a Martha. There is rarely a time when I do not have daunting tasks in front of me and this is on a daily basis. Plus, I'm not that comfortable around people. Especially those I do not know. I'm working on this but, at the same time, I'm ok with it. I'm working on it because I don't want people who come over here to feel unwelcome. Well, most of them. Ha!
2. December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day...do you own/wear pearls? Yes. If you're a man answering the question, does your sweetheart own or wear pearls? Everyone share a 'pearl of wisdom' with us here today. The grandmothers were the droppers of the wisdom in our family. How about this one in reference to aging: If you sit down, you'll get rusty.
3. Speaking of pearls...oysters? Are you a fan or not a fan? NO! I hate those things. If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters? If you said no, be honest-have you ever tried one or does just the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little? I have both tried them (had to spit it out it was so GROSS) and the gagged at the thought of them. HOWEVER, we do host an oyster roast either before Christmas or after each year and I LOVE oyster roasts. Well, I love the ones at my house. This year, two daughters are on their share year (the years when I have to give them up to spend Christmas with other people and I'm going to leave it at that because, as Joyce mentioned yesterday, I need to set a good example but- BooHoo!) so we're having the oyster roast on New Year's Eve. Everyone will be here on the 27th and Nashville daughter will not leave until the 1st or 2nd. That means I get everyone for nearly one whole week instead of a couple of days so WINNING! Extended family will be here as well and I'm looking forward to it so much!
4. Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year. Let's take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chosen who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016? I think we should name women who have lost children or husbands to gun violence but stood strong in the throws of grief and took a stand. These women have shown and continue to show the world what true, faith-driven strength really is and they are making a huge difference. In my neck of the woods, I would choose Jennifer Pinckney whose husband, Pastor Clementa Pinckney was murdered in the Charleston Church shooting.
5. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced, and it's a vibrant green aptly named-greenery. Your thoughts? Well, I don't hate it but, I don't love it either. Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? No. Will you add something in this shade for the new year? It's doubtful. Click here to see the color.
6. Today I've had too much frustration.
7. Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol. "...The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight."
8. Insert your own random thought here. Some of you have already seen this on the FB but, for those who haven't seen it, how stinkin' cute is she?
|Make a free slideshow|