I'm also happy because it's Hodgepodge day! What are y'all waiting for? Click that button and join in the fun!
1. Are you a force to be reckoned with? In what way? Well, some people might say that about me. I think I'm quite delightful. LOL OMG- I almost couldn't even write that last part without dying laughing. :)
2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you 'like' about winter? I love the cold temps and the trees! I was just noticing some trees at school as I walked in yesterday morning and I just love seeing their skeletons. I love the clear night sky in the winter. I like snuggling up under a warm blanket with a good book and a cup of hot tea or hot chocolate or coffee...oops, that's more than two.
3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried? I've tried them and they're ok. But I don't usually buy them.
4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign- 'When all else fails, do the right thing.' Your thoughts? Isn't that what Winston Churchill said about Americans. Or something similar to that anyway. I always said it to the lovelies only, instead of do the right thing, I said, "do it the way your mother told you to in the first place."
5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are-St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland. Of the five listed, which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer. I do not ski. I've tried it once. In a blizzard which was stupid. I have no desire to visit any of those places. I would go to Maine or Alaska though.
6. What's the last thing you looked for online? (Besides my blog!) Well, I don't have to look for your blog because it's bookmarked in my favorites. :) I looked for items for a costume that I am putting together for book character day on February 6th at school. I'm not going to tell you who I'm going to be. But I will post about it afterwards. And thanks to Ebay for having everything I needed!
7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year? "I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you." I love that quote. And I've used it nearly every day this month. It's quite liberating, actually.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I've got a 5 day weekend coming up. Today is my last day at school until Tuesday. I can't even begin to tell y'all how thrilled I am about this! WooHoo! It's PD (professional development) day on Thursday and I have HOURS over so I don't have to go and Friday is a teacher workday and they owe me comp time AND Monday is a holiday! I am one very happy camper!