Anyway, I'm always in the mood for the Hodgepodge!
1. Speaking of April 15th...what's the most 'taxing' thing you've done recently? Get up and go to work every day. Ha!
2. When did you last take a taxi somewhere and where was that somewhere? I haven't been in a taxi since grad school. Which was YEARS ago.
3. What's something you can do today that you couldn't do a year ago? See the light at the end of the tunnel, maybe? Hopefully.
4. How often is chicken (in some form or fashion) on your menu at home? Which of the following would you most like to see on your table tonight...a chicken salad sandwich, your mom's fried chicken, a Chick-fil-A meal, Cracker Barrel's chicken n' dumplings, a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings, or 'hold the chicken, I'm a vegetarian'...? Nearly every day but that's because I make it for Tucker. The rest of us try not to eat meat very often. Hold the chicken. UNLESS my grandmother (either of them) was to make a miraculous appearance. Then I'd choose fried chicken. :)
5. What was your favorite television program when you were a kid? What characters do you remember the most? I wasn't much of a television watcher. I watched some things but didn't really have a favorite. However, if Kurt Russell was on Disney, I was in front of that television. Right in front. Dead center, baby. What a hottie!
6. What was the last piece of 'art' you made? Probably Christmas with the handmade gifts for the lovelies. We always try to hand-make each other gifts at Christmas. I found those exact frames on eBay and bought four of them. The I took out the insides and put five pennies in there with each of the four daughters birth years and my birth year and a heart at the bottom.
7. What frustrates you most about the Internet? When it doesn't work. Oh, and then there's all the BS out there. Right at your fingertips.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Deanie is coming home to attend a friend's wedding. She'll be here tonight so I took Thursday and Friday off to spend time with her. I'm looking forward to having her to myself tomorrow and all four lovelies will be with me for lunch on Friday. Just call me, Lucky Mom. :) I hope she can stand being here since she's just coming off a lovely 5 day vacay at a 5 star resort in Costa Rica. Drummer Boy's band played there over the weekend and were given the trip for themselves and their girlfriends/wife/fiance. Such a hard life.
AND: Happy Birthday to my most wonderful SIL who turned the ripe old age of 27 yesterday and to my Tucker pup who is 7 years old today!
Lastly: Did y'all see this floating around the internet yesterday? Don't read past the bold print until you think about it because the part not in bold print contains the answer. Enjoy!
Albert and Bernard just become friends with Cheryl, and they want to know when her birthday is. Cheryl gives them a list of 10 possible dates.
May 15, May 16, May 19
June 17, June 18
July 14, July 16
August 14, August 15, August 17
Cheryl then tells Albert and Bernard separately the month and the day of her birthday respectively.
Albert: I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is, but I know that Bernard does not know too.
Bernard: At fist I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is, but I know now.
Albert: Then I also know when Cheryl's birthday is.
STOP! The answer is below:
The math problem was posted to a Singapore media personality's Facebook page and has since gone viral. It seems nearly impossible when you first read the question. But the answer may be reached with more common sense than you think.