They make you think about your own grandparents and wonder how in the world you'll ever measure up because they were the BEST grandparents in the whole wide world. You would tell anybody that when you were little and you will tell them the same thing today. Without the balled up fists, of course.
Little baby grand-loves will make you care nothing about things you used to hold as important and make you realize that you would do just about anything (except snakes or roller coasters because grandma is not stupid and Baby M is on her own if she wants to pet a snake or let a machine throw her upside down and round and round) for the little sweet loves.
Here are a few things that Baby M has either taught me or reminded me of in 3 months:
- baby toes and ears are the cutest things in the world
- I'm not as young as I once was
- baby squeals of delight will melt your heart
- baby smiles will melt your heart
- I have patience with babies, still have little with adults
- watching babies make their first discoveries is still fascinating
- the little things are the things to be valued, let the big stuff go
- naps are hugely important in life
- time must be spent wisely because it's the only thing that whizzes by faster than the speed of light
- sudden loud noises will startle a sleeping baby awake and make grandmas want to choke the offender
- infant bouncy seats are live savers
- babies make lovely table centerpieces
- dirty diapers stink, sometimes enough to make you pretend you can't get to it right away and ask someone else to do it
- trashcans containing dirty diapers cannot be taken outside fast enough
- all the 'old-wives-tales' will flood back into your head and make you say really silly things like cats will suck the breath out of a baby, with total conviction
- apps that play sounds to soothe a baby are won. der. ful. and we should have had these back in the day
- a napping baby only sleeps when you have nothing else to do but watch her sleep. If you move for a millisecond, said baby awakens.
- babies do come straight from heaven, without a doubt. There's no other explanation for their cuteness.
- babies make you feel real, pure joy
- fussy babies can be handed right back to their parents
- baby pouty faces are adorable
- babies who sound really pitiful when they cry will cause you to cry too