Meanwhile, there's the Hodgepodge to keep us happy. And inside on our computers. Where it's nice and cool!
1. When I look at the sky I feel different things depending on how the sky appears at that time. When the sky is Carolina blue, as it is most days around here, I feel calm and happy. When there are clouds that form pictures, I feel like a kid. When there's a storm brewing or those huge, billowy clouds are present, I feel the insignificance of man as compared to God. When it's a nighttime sky, I am in awe of the beauty and vastness of the universe.
2. If you had to run for political office, which one would you run for? Do you have any real desire to actually do this? I would not run for political office for anything or anyone. EVER.
3. What scent makes you think of home? Homemade bread. But it's weird because it reminds me of my childhood home NOT my home now. I guess the scent now would be sunscreen. Or pluff mud. LOL
4. How often do you take a step back to think about where you're headed in life? Do you need more or less self-reflection? I try to take a step back often, just to become more aware of where and who I am at the moment. I don't like it when I get ahead of myself, if you know what I mean. Self-reflection can be good and bad, depending. It's good when I can grow from it. It's bad when it turns into regret or self doubt.
5. July is National Ice Cream Month...besides a cone, what's your favorite food item to top with ice cream? Hot apple pie or any fruit cobbler! YUM!
6. What might your autobiography be called? Child, Please.
7. Your least favorite mode of transportation? Why? This is a hard one. I don't like trains because of my experience with a steam engine, cowboys and Indians when I was little. I am not a fan of planes because of claustrophobia and the fact I don't like the idea of plummeting through the sky towards the earth. I don't like to ride in cars for long periods of time because I don't like not being able to get up and move around. So---ALL that being said, if I had to pick one as my least favorite, it would probably be the train because I do ride in the car and I have flown several times but I've NEVER gotten on a train again. You can read that story HERE if you want.
8. Insert your own random thought here. It's the day before DoodleBug's 23rd birthday--though I have no idea how that happened! Happy day before your birthday, DoodleBug!