It's nice to know that we have the Hodgepodge to help us keep our cool in all this horrific heat!
1. I'm celebrating a birthday this week so a question relating to aging feels appropriate. Douglas MacArthur is quoted as saying, 'You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair." Would you agree? If not why not? I don't know. That requires way more thought than I have the brain power to give. I'll just wait and see what y'all have to say on this one. I. Am. Pooped. All I can figure is that the first of each comparison makes us feel young and the second makes us feel old or ages us. I may or may not agree. But this is where the thought that I have no brain power comes into play.
2. What remarkable feat, interesting piece of trivia, or historical event occurred on your birth day and month? Not necessarily in your birthyear, just the same date/same month. Nothing much. Though it is the Day of Epiphany. :)
3. Describe a time or circumstance where you wanted to 'have your cake and eat it too.' All the time. Every day. I always, always, always want to have my cake and eat it too. And, sometimes when I don't get it, I stomp my feet and pout.
4. What's something you do that makes you feel young? Something that makes you feel old? Every time I talk with an old friend I feel young. Every time I get out of bed in the morning I feel old. Ha!
5. When did you last do something that was 'a piece of cake'? I can't think of anything lately. Most things seem to take a whole lot of time and/or effort- my projects, school, life...
6. Beef, wine, and cheese all improve with age. What's something else you'd add to that list? (not necessarily food or beverage) In my case, patience. That's one of the few things about me that has improved with age.
7. If I were to have a giveaway when we hit Volume 200, what should I give away? By my calculations we'll hit Volume 200 on November 26th, the day before Thanksgiving, which means whoever wins would have whatever it is in time for Christmas. Something Christmasy! I think a Christmas ornament from where you live. I always have people bring me back Christmas ornaments from their travels. And I have friends who send them to me from their towns. Every time I decorate and then look at the tree, I remember each friend or family member with such joy.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Not much going on in this empty head of mine except: Happy Birthday Week, Joyce!!!
Have a great rest of the week, y'all!